BLU PURE XL is a great DUAL SIM LTE phone, with Octa Core 2.0 GHz CPU, 6″ Super Amoled display and 64GB + 3GB Storage / Ram – especially at $349
However there are some things that I absolutely hate about it, and there is nothing I can do to change most of them. Watch this:
Here is my list of TOP 5 THINGS I HATE IN BLU PURE XL:
1) Physical Capacitive Touch Buttons. First, these buttons are not back lit, and are hard to see, especially in the dark. Second, the sensor area of each button is VERY small, so they are extremely hard to press, unless you finger is directly on top of the button. Third, with Tempered Glass Screen Protector on the screen, they become even harder to press.
2) Dedicated Camera button does not always work properly! Normally to activate camera from screen off, you need to press and hold Physical Camera button for 3 seconds. But often even after 5 seconds, nothing happens, which you can see in this video.
3) No update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow is expected from BLU. BLU products is notorious for not updating software on their phones or doing only MINOR updates. So far BLU Pure XL needs bug fixing update for its camera app and to fix Screen Cast / Mirroring with Chromecast 2015.
4) No ROOT access available (yet) and BLU is not helping developers. This limits users from using ROOT apps or custom roms, and blu is refusing to provide Kernel source and other files needed for BLU Pure XL Root Access.
5) Phone is TOO HUGE! Although I love the 6″ screen, it is very difficult to use with one hand.
BONUS – #6) No BAND 12 LTE (700 MHz) on T-Mobile, means poor reception in buildings, and in rural areas.